Follow TNWS supplier Shropshire Petals’ 5 top tips and have a confetti moment to remember forever.
The confetti shot is one of the most requested by wedding photographers and capturing that moment isn’t as easy as you may think, so how do you ensure you get the magical confetti photo you have been dreaming of?
David Golding Photography
1. Discuss your confetti photo with your photographer – Ask to see examples of confetti photos your photographer has already taken to give you an idea of their style. They will be able to discuss options with you according to lighting and the surroundings, which will all help when it comes to choosing your confetti colours.
2. Choose the best petals for throwing – The best for throwing are small petals such as delphinium or wild flower petals as they are light, which means they fall delicately and slowly, giving your photographer plenty of time to capture the magical moment. However, if you are set on a colour only available in larger petals, you can add these to smaller petals to give a colourful, textured effect to your photos.
3. Choose the right colours – Consider where your confetti moment will take place – is the background light or dark. Choose colours that stand out with your background, so light or brights for darker backgrounds and darker, mixed colours if your photo is to be taken in an open area.
4. Calculate how much you will need – As a guide, usually about half of your guests will throw confetti. However, depending on the type of shot you want – a photo full of petals or a light shower – you will need to know how much to order. You can use this confetti calculator to help.
5. Make sure your guests know how to throw! This might sound ridiculous, as everyone knows how to throw, but remember you only get one chance (unless you have ordered more than enough for a few shots) to capture your confetti moment. Delegate a member of the bridal party to ask guests to stand close to each other and throw as high as they can, which will create a perfect flutter – you don’t want confetti thrown directly in your faces!
And it’s as simple as that! Remember to relax and enjoy your perfect moment and cherish the confetti shot forever.
Get 10% off orders over £50 at www.shropshirepetals.com/discount.
See Shropshire Petals at The National Wedding Shows this spring at Olympia stand D33, NEC stand G60 and EventCity stand B4141.