How to get your skin glowing for the big dayOctober 11, 2021 Health & Beauty
We all want to look our best on our wedding day. Choosing a special dress or suit to represent our style and make us feel like the best version of ourselves is part of the magic of the day.
But what about our skin? After all, a radiant complexion is something that looks amazing on every bride and groom! Read on for Renude’s tips on getting your skin glowing for your big day, however soon that might be.
If you have…6+ months to go
This is the perfect time to start thinking about your skincare routine ahead of the big day. The visible layer of our skin renews itself completely every 4-6 weeks, and depending on your skin goals, it can take 2-3 full skin cycles to start seeing real results.
Top tips to building your routine with 6+ months to go
- Choose skincare ingredients tailored to your skin goals: For example, Vitamin C or Alpha arbutin for pigmentation, Retinoids or Peptides for anti-ageing, Azelaic acid or Salicylic acid for breakouts.
- Less is more: Choose one key ingredient for your morning routine, and one for the evening. It’s best to avoid introducing too many ingredients at once as your skin may get overwhelmed.
- Keep the rest of your routine simple: Choose a gentle cleanser, moisturiser, and sunscreen to support your skin, while letting the key ingredients get to work.
If you have….3 months to go
Good news – with 3 months to go, you still have time to see meaningful results before the big day.
Top tips for building your routine with 3 months to go
- Keep it consistent: To see results in this short time frame, you need to stick to a daily routine. Don’t be tempted to chop and change between products or your skin is unlikely to see a benefit in time.
- Choose ingredients that get to work quickly: Most skin types can get a glow boost from Vitamin C, so this is a great ingredient to include in your routine with 3 months to go. With Vitamin C, choose a format that works for your skin. The amount and type of Vitamin C make a difference to how well your skin will respond.
- Don’t overdo it: Much like if you have 6 months to go, stick to one key ingredient in the AM and PM and keep everything else simple to prevent your skin becoming overwhelmed
If you have….1 month to go
If you’ve only got one month to go to the big day, be gentle with your skincare. It can be tempting to throw everything at it at the last minute hoping for a quick result, but unfortunately the skin doesn’t work that way and you could cause more harm than good.
Top tips to building your routine with 1 month to go
- Avoid introducing any new active ingredients: Especially stronger ingredients, such as retinoids, concentrated acids or clay masks are best avoided in the month ahead of your wedding. If your skin isn’t used to these types of ingredients, this could result in an increase in breakouts, or a damaged skin barrier.
- Add plenty of hydration to the skin: Humectants like hyaluronic acid, panthenol and glycerin in the form of a lightweight essence or serum can be added to your routine to boost hydration. These get to work almost instantly and are generally well tolerated, so are a great way to give you a hydrated glow in a short space of time.
- If you’re looking for a bit of exfoliation, be cautious: A gentle leave-on formula containing Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs), such as Gluconolactone or Lactobionic acid is best for drier skin types, whilst a rinse-off cleanser with Salicylic acid may be more effective if your skin is oilier or prone to congestion.
If you would like to receive a personalised skincare routine from a licensed expert, head to renude.co to get started.
WIN a £5,000 shopping spree at The National Wedding Show!
To celebrate all things wedding, we’re giving one lucky bride or groom the chance to win a £5,000 shopping spree at the show! This means that no matter where you are in the planning process you can still benefit from this tremendous prize.ENTER NOW