Ionian Weddings is the leading UK wedding planner for the Mediterranean area. They’ve spent 9 years tracking down the very best Mediterranean wedding destinations but which ones are most popular with their couples? Here is Ionian Wedding’s 2016 hot list!
1. Santorini Gem, Santorini – this venue is almost booked up for 2016, probably due to the stunning views and privacy it offers. We have about a dozen or so dates left for 2016, so contact us quickly!
2. Koutsoupia Beach, Kefalonia – this is a brand new venue for 2016 and it can only be accessed by boat. This stunning pebbly cove offers the perfect setting for a completely private ceremony with bubbly and canapes on waters’ edge. Your reception will then take place about a mile away from where Pelagia’s village was built from scratch for Captain Corelli’s Mandolin.
3. Sorrento Cloisters wedding and Lemon garden reception – our couples love the combination of the serene historic cloisters and the traditional restaurant, just a short walk away. Arrive in style in a horse & carriage or vintage Fiat. Some dates still available for 2016 so book quickly!
8. Asos chapel, Kefalonia. An old favourite, the wedding in the Asos peninsula is probably the most authentic in the Ionian Islands. Get married at the 15th century chapel under a pine tree canopy and then walk through the forest to the sleepy village for your exclusive taverna terrace reception. The mandolin and guitar serenade is a must.
9. Private island Zante offering the only private beach that we know of in the Mediterranean. You can have your ceremony here and a reception at a traditional tavern with views of the island. A handful of dates still available for 2016!
Want to find out more?
Don’t forget to visit the team from Ionian Wedding’s at TNWS Manchester this weekend on Stand D91