Many brides and grooms dream of having white teeth for their big day. Getting the perfect teeth quickly can be very costly when considering everything that needs to be included in your wedding budget and expensive teeth whitening solutions can often be unnecessary.
One of the best kept beauty secrets for teeth whitening is Activated Charcoal! It’s a natural and healthier way to whitening your teeth, chemical free and costs a fraction of what your local dentist will charge you for chemically whitening your teeth.
It’s normally overlooked (until very last minute) that our teeth will be in most of the photos for the big day. But why do we not take our teeth into consideration for the self-grooming process? Eyebrows TICK, nails TICK, Hair TICK. But teeth…?
A recent survey revealed over 70% of the UK population are not happy with the colour of their teeth so it is surprising that oral hygiene and the upkeep of teeth is often overlooked in the beauty routine.
As a bride-to-be myself, I am starting to get wedding ready on a tight budget and know all too well that small savings can go a long way. This is why activated charcoal may be the way forward for teeth whitening
Charcoal has become popular for those wanting to achieve the perfect smile for a number of reasons:
- Cost effective – more money for the wedding kitty
- Removes stains from caffeine, wine, smoking, aging and rich food
- UK-based brands available
- Vegan-friendly brands available
- Pots can last longer than toothpaste
- Results within weeks
A few words of caution if you do decide to start googling “activated charcoal for teeth whitening”
- Cheap charcoal paste – these pastes tend to have a tiny amount of charcoal in them as well as lots of foaming agents and other unknown chemicals. Charcoal is the active ingredient for teeth whitening so I recommend always buy the powder which is 100% activated charcoal for safe and effective results.
- Where is the product manufactured? Charcoal not produced in the UK will not have the struck UK manufacturing standard. You don’t want to end up putting something that resembles cat litter on your teeth!
- Know its source. What’s it made from? Activated charcoal made from organic coconut seems to be the best
- Always read reviews. Check other people’s response to the brand in question to see if you are ultimately wasting your money on a product that will not offer the desired results.
For better or worse… I know my future husband loves me the way I am, but for me and many other brides and grooms, teeth colour is a worry. Of course, it comes down to personal preference and confidence, but who doesn’t want to feel and look perfect for their big day!
If you’re looking to enhance your smile why not learn more about the benefits of activated charcoal at The National Wedding Show. I will be on stand NT46 at the Birmingham show with my brand Brush White and am happy to answer any questions you may have. Brush White is manufactured in the UK, is vegan-friendly and advertised within the NHS.