Getting the right music can create the perfect atmosphere to your wedding ceremony! See Lucy’s top tips from TNWS London exhibitor Lemon Entertainment.
“Hello, I’m Lucy and I run Lemon Entertainment. Before I worked in the Wedding Industry I worked in the Music Industry with artists such as Ed Sheeran, James Bay and Jamie Lawson, so I like to think I know my stuff when it comes to live music. The wedding bands I look after are the best that money can buy. Our elite musicians have worked with artists ranging from Paulo Nutini and Florence and the Machine. I also offer Wedding Planning and Co-Ordination services which allows me an outlet for my obsession with running events and planning amazing days down to the smallest detail.
My team and I have worked on hundreds of live music shows, festivals and private events and I would like to share with you some of my top tips to give you the ultimate edge on your wedding day when it comes to choosing your wedding music.
- If possible, book your band at least a year ahead. Good bands get booked up well in advance.
- You will get a better service if you use professional, full time musicians who play at events and tour with artists for a living. Try and stay away from part timers and students.
- Look at a variety of band repertoires and make sure that the songs fit with what you are looking for.
- Check with your venue if there are any sound restrictions or limitations.
- Make a running order of the day. Think about what time you want your band to set up and soundcheck.
- Do you need to consider getting microphones / PA system for speeches and background music during the meal?
- Do you want a dance floor ? Professional lighting or extra production to give your evening event a real edge?
- Consider various forms of entertainment for the different sections of your wedding. How about a harpist to play as you walk down the aisle? A roaming band to play to your guests during champagne and canapés? And the ultimate high end party band to finish the night off with a bang.
We are dedicated to producing an exceptional event- Let’s talk about how we can make your wedding complete.
You are warmly invited to visit Stand E124 for live performances from our musicians at the London Show from 26th – 28th February 2016.”