Why Choose a Winter Wedding? We caught up with The National Wedding Show Exhibitors Dunham Forest to see why you should consider a Wedding in a Winter Wonderland
Traditionally it’s been summer when couples got hitched, however many couples are now selecting dates all year round with spring, autumn and winter weddings becoming as popular (if not more so) than ones held in June, July or August. There are many different reasons why we choose our wedding day; it could be a significant date – an anniversary or birthday, it could fit around holiday’s or family commitments, it may be a favourite time of year or perhaps when your chosen venue had space in their diary! Here are our top 5 reasons to have a wedding in a winter wonderland:
- Budgets & Choice – often a winter wedding can mean you are able to get more for your money and many suppliers will have discounted prices and special offers available during their quieter periods. You may even find that venues will have more choice in the non-summer months for Saturdays or a mid-week date, and if you choose a venue that is licensed to conduct the ceremony you won’t need to consider the availability of the church or registry office or even the distance your guests will need to travel between the two locations.
- Theme – a winter themed wedding brings with it lots of theme options from (faux) fur wraps and luxurious velvet dresses for the bride, to warming shades of blues, reds and green to decorate your venue.
- Photographs & Video – the winter sun on a crisp cold day, golden brown leaves in the trees or snow on the ground can provide fabulous backdrops to your wedding photographs and videos.
- Combine the festivities – choosing a date near Christmas or New Year can mean that many of your family and friends will already have time booked off work. Venues will be decorated already for the festivities, complete with Christmas tree, and you could offer your guests a glass of warming mulled wine while photographs are being taken.
- Honeymoon – what better way escape the cold months after your wedding than honeymooning on a far flung sandy beach in the sunshine, it’s a perfect time of the year for example to visit the Caribbean.
To discuss Winter Wedding options at Dunham Forest Golf & Country Club in the heart of Cheshire, make sure you pay them a visit at Stand E93 at Manchester Central 24th-25th October
or call 0161 928 2605 or go to www.dunhamforest.com